Our client who is based within the Public Sector, have a temporary part time role for Conference Hosts, based in Glasgow City Centre. This is a temporary assignment and the rate of pay will be £9.72 per hour. The hours of work will be 20 hours per week, based on various shifts around conferences.
- To support the Conference Operations Co-ordinators and the Conference Porter in ensuring that all conference rooms and areas are set according to the client's specification, recognising that these specifications may be subject to amendment at short notice.
- To ensure that all conference rooms and public areas are kept clean, tidy and presentable throughout the day.
- To familiarise clients and their delegates with the building, including preparation of digital and physical signage, wayfinding; and providing general support/advice to ensure that clients and delegates are able to make the most of their visit to the facility.
- To support the Conference Porter and TIC Stores in offering a portering service to clients as required; and in ensuring that all furniture and materials are appropriately stored within agreed storage spaces.
- To provide first-line audio-visual support to clients using equipment installed in the rooms - connecting laptops, switching on screens, projectors, microphones, and offering basic advice on their use.
- Good IT skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Good Physical Fitness,
- Good Communication