Our client, who is based in the Public Sector, has a requirement for Civil Engineers, there are two positions available, one in Ae, near Dumfries and one in Oban, both up until 31st March 2020 with the opportunity to extend of a monthly basis thereafter. Daily rate DOE
A driving licence is required for these posts as although based in Oban and Ae, there will be a requirement for these Engineers/Technicians to work in other areas of Scotland, and thus must be flexible to travel and stay over in locations as and when required.
Candidates must have a valid Basic Disclosure Scotland, or be happy to apply for one
Main Duties include:
- Providing options, technical advice and cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Preparing site plans, risk assessments and other project documentation.
- Planning and programming civil engineering works to meet organisational objectives.
- Preparing contract documents for NEC3 Term Service Short Contracts and Engineering and Construction Short Contracts.
- Planning new and upgrade forest roads from concept to detailed specification for building tender. This will include costing, acquiring permissions from statutory bodies, design, drawings, plans etc.
- Preparing specification and tender documents for road building and maintenance.
- Managing the construction and maintenance of the forest roads including pre-commencement meeting, regular site visits, quality checks, health and safety monitoring, final site check, payment of invoices.
- Driving Licence
- CSCS card
- Minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering