Our public sector client, based in Glasgow City Centre, have a temporary requirement for a Broadcast Technician in their TV/Radio department. This position has an immediate start date for approx. 10-12 weeks, with a possible extension.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE A MEMBER OF THE PVG SCHEME FOR CHILDREN AND BE WILLING TO APPLY FOR AN UPDATE.
The successful candidate will work for 35 hours per week and the rate of pay will be £11.94 per hour.
The Broadcast Technician will maintain and co-ordinate production technology such as cameras and sound recording devices to support TV and radio production tasks. They will also oversee studios, data transfer and post production processes.
The Broadcast Technicians will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Issuing and recording the return of equipment and the maintenance of related stores records
- Setting up and maintaining equipment to ensure that it functions properly
- Preparing resources and areas for practical tasks
- Quickly and effectively troubleshooting problems in studios and post production areas
- Conducting functional and operational testing procedures
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment
- Using computer software to edit audio and video recordings
- Providing technical support in relation to equipment
- Maintaining studio and production and post-production resources
- Co-ordinating effective studio use
- Maintaining and updating production and post-production systems
- Issuing materials, tools and equipment to staff and students
- Ordering and stocktaking of materials and equipment
- Install, modify, repair, update and maintain, as necessary, College equipment and facilities.
- Checking deliveries of equipment and materials and ensuring delivery to correct locations.
- To assist in the development of teaching aids and learning materials.