Our client, a well known Public Sector organisation based in Cardonald, requires an HR Advisor on an interim basis until potentially 05/01/21. Day rate is £121.97, working Monday 12.00pm - 8.00pm and Tuesday to Friday 9am to 5pm, although flexibility may be required. Due to the current situation, a mix of office and home working is likely for a period of time. Some travel between sites in Clydebank, Aberdeen and South Queensferry will be required.
Main purpose of role:
To provide comprehensive and professional Human Resource advice and an internal consultancy service to all local management, staff and staff representatives. To lead and develop HR related projects with organisation wide implications as agreed with the Head of ER.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Responsible for the provision of a generalist HR and ER advice and support across a range of issues within their area e.g. employee relations, employment legislation, promoting high quality practice in all areas
- Contribute to the development and delivery of policies and procedures which meet best practise, current legislation and national policies
- Support the HR Director and Head of ER in contributing to the development and delivery of workforce strategies and ongoing strategic HR related project work, leading processes and projects as required
- Supports the ER Service which covers approximately 1500 staff (headcount) over 4 sites and 5 local centres
- Provide an ER service across the Board and be a central point of contact for Department Managers and Heads of Service, Divisional Leads, employees and TU reps
- Qualified to Degree level or relevant work experience
- CIPD qualification, ideally MCIPD
- Keeping up to date with changes in employment legislation.
- Significant HR Generalist work experience
- Supporting and advising managers on ER Case load in line with Policy and process
- Delivering training session to managers
- Coaching and influencing managers
- Assisting managers to understand policy and process
- Evidence of contribution to HR project work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Work on own initiative and as part of a team
- The post-holder will be required to demonstrate excellent team working skills with ability to work using own initiative and influence others
- Qualified mediator, coaching & mentoring qualification, developing training sessions and experience of working in the public sector are all desirable