Our client based Public Sector organisation based in Glasgow, requires a Senior Accessibility Specialist for an initial 6 months with a possibility to extend. The salary for the position is £550 D/R Inside IR35 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Remote working from home but travel to client sites may be required from time to time during lockdown and as lockdown lifts. Traditional base locations for this work would be both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Main focus of the role: Working closely with the Digital Accessibility Lead, Service Managers, Product Owners and wider teams, you will prepare and lead digital accessibility activities.
Main duties include:
- Planning and executing accessibility reviews and technical audits according to business and project needs.
- Advise colleagues on choice and application of appropriate design and development methods and tools to assure best practice and ensure that digital products are accessible and suited to the overall aims and objectives of the project.
- Advocate for accessibility, assisted digital, and inclusive design practices and helps teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Support teams to continually improve their understanding of accessibility and engagement with disabled users.
- Provide actionable insights to support design decision making.
- Champion and advocate for digital accessibility standards and engage sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Participate in and/or support programme and project assurance activities.
- Contribute to the wider digital accessibility community such as by participating in events and reviewing processes, tools and guidance.
Disclosure Scotland Certificate alongside BPSS Security Clearance will be required if successful
If you have experience in a similar role please apply with your most recent CV and cover letter.