Our client, a highly respected Public Sector establishment, based in Glasgow (homeworking initially), require a Media /Communications Officer for an initial 6 month period with potential extension. The salary for the position is £150 - £175 Day Rate
A Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued within the last 12 months is a requirement of the role.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly skilled Media /Communications Officer for this key role in our organisation. You will bring significant experience and knowledge to create and manage high profile media and PR campaigns which support corporate and operational priorities.
- Manage the Education Scotland "media desk" responding to all media enquiries received via our new and traditional media channels. This may involve evening and weekend work from time to time
- Monitor, track and report on all Education Scotland media activity
- Research, draft and present reports and communication material - new media and traditional - ensuring it conforms with relevant guidelines
- Develop, maintain and proactively use contacts across all media channels to identify opportunities for, and secure, immediate and long-term media coverage
- Commissioning internally, and drafting, regular proactive media initiatives including media releases, comment pieces, and letters to editors ensuring balance across Education Scotland's activities
- Managing day to day press liaison with key organisations and journalists with whom we work on a regular basis
- Establishing and maintaining a record of press enquiries and key lines of response.
- Working with education professionals across the business to identify proactive media opportunities and developing actions to ensure the external profile of Education Scotland is enhanced
- To develop, manage and deliver a calendar of media opportunities through organised visits presence at events for Education Scotland Strategic Directors
- Develop and manage wider communications plans for ad-hoc campaigns as part of a personal portfolio
- Represent Education Scotland at exhibitions and other off-site events.
- Work closely with senior colleagues across Education Scotland, Government and other partner organisations to influence and coordinate the approach to public statements to ensure consistency of message, appropriateness of tone and coordination of delivery.
- Manage mailing lists for key contacts
- Monitor and contribute to social media plans, activity
- Strong experience of working with complex groups of stakeholders
- Considerable experience of media crisis management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the media
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and motivating skills gaining buy in of others to change.
- Experience of working collaboratively and engaging with others.