Digital Content Designer
Pertemps Scotland Ltd is working with our client in Glasgow to recruit for a Content Designer in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for 3 months with potential extension.
Due to current circumstances, this role will be based remotely.
Day Rate - £140 to £155 (Inside IR35)
The main duties would be:
The Organisation launched its current website in 2015 and is set to commence a project to upgrade and enhance our current site in order to better meets the needs of users. They are seeking an experienced Content Designer to lead and provide input to the website content including our legislative guidance, instructional guidance, news and updates, etc
Reporting to the Project Senior User, the main duties will include:
- Maintain and update content management processes to meet the needs of users including those with disabilities.
- Select appropriate channels through which content should be published, and provides advice to users and content authors to leverage the features of the relevant channels and tools used.
- Identifies the implications of copyright, data protection and other legal issues associated with publishing.
- Controls, monitors and evaluates content to ensure quality, consistency and accessibility of messages.
- Designs the content and appearance of complex information deliverables (for example, collections of artefacts, which may be spread across multiple mediums) in collaboration with internal teams and/or representatives of the intended audience.
- Moderates content (in both draft and published forms) and ensures content can be re-purposed appropriately.
- Creates and evaluates complex, well-engineered deliverables, ensuring alignment with the agreed requirements, making optimal use of the chosen medium
- Reviews work of content authors for consistency and accuracy and takes responsibility for ensuring appropriate publication.
- Understands the implications of publishing content and manages the associated risks.
- Experience of Applying standards, practices, codes, and assessment relevant to digital content
- Experience of identifying, gathering and validating customers' needs in the delivery of digital content
- Experience of working with suppliers and engaging stakeholders
- Experience of the application of the principles and practices of authoring, designing, controlling, and presenting textual information (supported where necessary by graphical content) to meet the requirements of the intended audience(s).
- Experience of working on projects in the Public Sector
- Strong communication and people skills
- Ability to rapidly absorb new information and applies it effectively