A rapidly growing retail business with an impressive 5 year plan is recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Finance Team based in the Southampton area. This is a fantastic opportunity offering scope for development, progression and study support, free onsite parking plus competitive salary.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties as the Purchase Ledger Clerk will be as follows:
- Processing invoices
- Accurately post invoices against purchase orders and effectively assist with the resolution of matching discrepancies
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve supplier queries
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Assist the Purchase Ledger Manager with month end duties
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- You will have previous experience working in one of the following roles: Purchase Ledger Clerk , Purchase Ledger Assistant / Administrator , Accounts Payable Clerk / Assistant , Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant.
- Excellent numeracy and problem solving skills
- Previous experience processing high volumes of invoices
- Basic accounting knowledge (double entry bookkeeping; accounts reconciliation) is advantageous
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Good people skills to build strong relationships with business and external partners
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Good communicator, excellent telephone manners and able to influence others
- High level of customer service awareness
- Good Excel skills are desirable and competent with ERP systems is essential
Sheridan Maine Recruitment is managing the recruitment for this position.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.