Sheridan Maine is currently working with an organisation based on the outskirts of Poole, who is seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join their team.
Key day to day responsibilities will include:
• Monthly processing of payroll and pensions transactions for the business
• Update and maintain payroll information
• Assisting the Financial Reporting Team with payroll data for monthly journals and annual budgets
• Process all travel expense claim forms on a monthly basis
• Providing extracts for the preparation of annual payroll budgets
• Assisting departmental Managers with payroll queries
• Preparing statutory returns
• Assist with project work and contribute to the continuous improvement of payroll systems and practices
• Keeping up to date with the current payroll legislation and communicating changes to management
The ideal candidate will have previous payroll experience and detailed knowledge of current payroll / tax law and legislation. Along with excellent attention to detail, with strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.