This established and rapidly expanding ethical housing developer and landlord owns and manages c30,000 properties across the South of England. With an ambitious £2 billion development program of adding 11,800 homes over the next 7 years combined with an impressive Exec team and a clarity of vision, the organisation is increasing its UK footprint at an enviable rate.
As the right hand person to the Group Finance Director, the post holder will play a pivotal role in the continued success of all subsidiaries within the group.
The role includes:
• Being a key member of the leadership team, supporting the Board and driving insightful analysis across the business
• Via a team of circa 60 individuals, owning the delivery of Group financial management and statutory reporting (internal/external), including financial operations, transactional accounting and finance systems
• Managing the centralised budgeting, planning & forecasting mechanism
• Ensuring a ‘right first time' financial controls environment, together with transparent cash-flow management whilst managing external relationships
• Facilitating the ongoing journey of improving commercial thinking across the organisation
• Contributing to the operational running of the group through membership of the appropriate Executive Board Panels
• Advising on appropriate Tax positions, including proposed business transactions
• Playing a pivotal role in M&A activities and facilitating the acquisitive nature of the group
The preferred candidate will:
• Be an experienced finance professional, with proven ability of leading and developing sizeable finance teams of varying ability and levels
• Exhibit in-depth and up to date technical accounting knowledge
• Have the ability to see beyond finance and able to communicate a simple message to non-finance stakeholders
• Demonstrate strong experience of consolidation systems and processes, probably through experience in working at a group level
• Have worked across an organisation that has experienced change, having added value to that process
• Be adept at driving change across processes, controls, systems and behaviours and operate with a natural sense of rigour and compliance
• Exude gravitas and credibility enabling you to operate with a high degree of emotional intelligence across the senior management team
• Display genuine common sense combined with wider appreciation of business matters
• Have a natural sense of attention to detail & be able to work effectively within a complex organisation
• Have a good working knowledge of VAT and experience of overseeing a payroll function would be an advantage
• Preferably be a chartered accountant with a minimum of 7 years post qualified experience
This is a high profile and genuinely business critical position within an organisation that prides itself on balancing a successful growth plan with an ethically rewarding environment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.