Finance is not merely about making money. It’s about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of labour. Sheridan Maine is excited to be working with a leading wealth management services Group.
As Payroll Manager your main purpose will be to provide accurate and timely payrolls ensuring that deadlines are met for all payroll related activities. You will consistently deliver an excellent level of service to all stakeholders, and co-ordinate payroll activities and lead the payroll team on a day to day basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the payroll team on a day to day basis
• Responsible for co-ordinating payroll tasks within the payroll team covering all payrolls
• Provide support to the payroll team; provide technical advice, respond to difficult customer queries, prioritise workload when required
• Ensure the payroll team are cross trained and can cover all payroll and payroll related tasks
• Support Head of HR Operations to ensure that continuous improvements take place as the norm across all payroll related activities
• Produce the payroll yearly schedule; HMRC key dates, comms plan & associated projects. Present to Head of HR Operations for approval
• Responsible for creating payroll related communications, employee updates and payroll information on the company intranet
• Be responsible for accurately entering all payroll input and processing for each pay-run, including starter, leaver, employee changes, statutory payments and deductions, tax code updates (EDI) and all variable data
• Work closely with the Service Centre Team ensuring that all HR changes are processed and taken on by payroll prior to monthly cut off dates
• Ensure all payrolls are reconciled after each pay-run
• Work with colleagues to ensure payroll controls are maintained; data is verified, evidenced and checklist are completed
• Run year end routines for all payrolls in line with Software provider instructions, including related liaison with employees and stakeholders throughout regarding P35, P14 and P60 data
• Collate P11d data. Produce P11d’s and send to employees. Submit P11d & P11db to HMRC within deadline
• Submit end of year submissions, meeting HMRC deadlines
• Provide support to the HR teams around payroll procedures, ensuring consistent understanding and agreed approach to best practise
• Provide support to relevant internal stakeholders, ensuring consistent understanding and agreed approach to best practice in all areas that impact the payroll function
• Provide training and support to new employees joining the payroll team
• Support to the Head of HR Operations and colleagues as required on relevant projects
• Proactively look for ways to improve efficiencies and customer experience. Using change/the unexpected as an opportunity to be creative in providing input and ideas
What you will need to be great at this role:
• Previous experience of processing high volume payrolls
• Previous experience of working in a technical payroll environment covering all aspects of end to end payroll
• Previous experience and knowledge of people supervision and management with outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
• Experience of mentoring and providing payroll related and system training to colleagues
• Minimum of 3 years technical payroll experience
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.