Are you an experienced Accounts Payable clerk? Have you managed the full cycle accounts payable process including payment runs? Do you have strong communication skills and the ability to tackle difficult queries? If so I would love to hear from you.
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a hugely successful and rapidly growing company. They are currently looking for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk. The role will be a full time contract up until
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ownership of 5 ledgers for reconciliation
• Processing the weekly payment runs for your ledgers, and providing remittance advice to the suppliers who have been paid
• Dealing with opening balance tidy-up from the completion accounts process
• Verify all opening wholesaler balances by completing a statement reconciliation once the opening balance has been posted
• Liaise with suppliers regarding any month-end statement reconciliation actions that relate to your ledger
• Referral of any lease, utility, water, council tax or Centaur issues to the Group Clerk, but responsibility for ensuring these are resolved by them
• Ensure the ledger is in year-end standard in preparation for hive up, and any lease, utility or other problem account issues have been resolved prior to them moving into the main company
• Escalation point from the Help desk team to resolve queries on your ledger if required, and ensure they stay within their 24 hr SLA response time
• Completion of month-end statement reconciliations for some group suppliers
• Buddy support to new team members, ensuring they are trained and fully understand all aspects of quality and the SLA requirements
Your skills and qualifications will include:
• Currently studying AAT (or similar) / or completed qualification
• Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
• Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
• Clear and confident communication skills
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent IT skills including Excel (V look ups and pivot tables)
• Flexible approach to work
• Ability to take the lead within the team, in the absence of other senior team members
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.