Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established IT firm that is looking to recruit an International Accounting Manager.
You will be responsible for a team of International Accountants supporting the accounting and financial reporting activities of multiple entities for the assigned business unit primarily as well as direct International Accounting responsibilities for designated entities globally.
The individual must be able to demonstrate strong people management and project management skills and have the ability to interpret and apply accounting principles and effectively work with various departments within the company on cross-functional activities and countries.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• People management of five direct reports
• Prepare monthly management accounts for assigned international entities
• Review and approval of journal entries for international entities assigned to direct reports
• Review monthly management accounts and balance sheets reconciliations of entities assigned to direct reports
• Review and approve Intercompany billings
• Review and approval of quarterly and annual corporate schedules
• First level review for Variance Analysis of multiple international entities
• Preparation of Variance analysis quarterly for assigned entities
• Support preparation of Statutory Accounts for assigned entities
• Support year end external audit and filings for assigned entities
• Support the preparation of Stat to US GAAP reconciliation for assigned entities
• Support preparation of indirect taxes (GST, VAT) for assigned entities and collaborate and guidance for those entities administrated by any of the directs reports
• Support in developing and maintaining polices, processes and procedures
• Support the International Controller with ad-hoc projects and analysis
Your skills and experience will include:
• Fully qualified accountant
• Proven records of managing and developing a team locally and remotely
• US GAAP, IFRS, SOX experience
• Proven record of managing multiple simultaneous projects with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels
• Demonstrable coaching & mentoring skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.