£8.35 per hour
£8.35 per hour
Job Title: Production Operative
Salary: £8.17 per hour raising after 3 months' probation
Location: Wrexham industrial Estate
Type: Temp - Perm (Permanent once hit 13 weeks)
Pertemps are recruiting for an experience Production operative to work their client based on the Wrexham Industrial estate. This production operative role is a temporary to permanent position for the right candidate. Once permanent with the employer the candidate will also receive bonuses.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure Health and Safety rules are adhered to.
- Ensure you work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure smooth running of the production plant and associated equipment and tasks.
- Maximise production output.
- Maximise material efficiency.
- Operate extrusion line to produce profiles as required.
- Work to production schedule.
- Prepare raw materials and feed machine as necessary.
- Load/unload material and products as and when they are delivered.
- Keep factory floor neat and tidy and empty bins into skip as and when necessary.
- Manufacture product to the specified quality level.
- Regrind scrap material and maintain manageable regrind levels by feeding back into the extruder as and when possible.
- Ensure smooth running of the extrusion line by maintaining all equipment as required, for example; keep hopper loader and main motor filters clean, clean out vac pump pipes, top up chiller water reservoir, clean out water bath etc.
- Pack the finished product on specified pallets in a presentable manner, ensure material is wrapped.
- Take responsibility for quality control of product, i.e. colour, shape, length, strength etc.
- Strip and clean dies, agglomorator plates etc as needed.
- Carry out die changes as and when specified in production schedule.
- Operate and maintain fork lift truck, i.e. use in a safe manner and check oil and water levels on a regular basis.
- Maintain production, despatch and quality paper work. I.e. ensure the correct filling in of production sheets (EPL's) Quality documents/records, process conditions and despatch notes.
- As a requirement of the job, you must be fit and able to lift and move weights of up to 25kg in accordance with the current Manual Handling Regulations.
- Assist and be responsible for (if necessary) any machine trials, of any nature.
- In addition, you may be required to perform other duties assigned to you by the General Manager from time to time as required by the needs of the business.
Special requirements: (although training can be given if necessary):
- FLT License (Counter Balance License)
- First aid certificate
Hours of work:
- Initially 8:30am -5:00pm, but shift work will be required. Current shifts are 12hr days and nights Sun-Fri, but this may change in the future. A degree of flexibility with shifts worked is essential.
To apply for this vacancy please click the apply button NOW!
Pertemps are a recruitment agency working on behalf of their client. We are all one big family at Pertemps.
People who work for us tend to stick around for a long time and we'd like you to do the same. You will not just be a CV in a pile or a number in a database. From the minute you register with Pertemps, you will become a valued member of our family and will receive a transparent and open service.