This is an opportunity to join a world class aerospace business who are looking for a dynamic Buyer/Planner to join there team. You will be responsible for managing the running of purchases for direct materials. In the role you will be covering Buying, Planning, releasing and tracking workflow from the supply chain. If you are looking for a varied role in a forward thinking environment then apply today.
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive material status; shortage identification and resolution
• Initiates purchase requisitions or production repair orders as appropriate.
• Utilizes MRP and Master Scheduling tools to analyse consumption trends, plan complex and long-lead items, assist in KANBAN set up when appropriate
• Oversees scheduling, tracking, and status of supplier deliveries to ensure adherence to production requirements
• Monitors, analyzes, and reports performance to ensure material needs are met.
• Research and assign manufacturing times and due dates on parts as needed and document during the releasing process
• Coordinate with departments and managers as needed to identify and resolve issues regarding delivery of materials
• Monitor quality, service, and delivery issues, and take corrective actions as
• Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes
• Develops quality supply base in order to insure 100% quality and delivery at best price and within overall financial guidelines
• Negotiates supplier agreements and purchase orders that support development and implementation of internal and external KANBAN systems and/or contractual schedules
• Plan and execute procurement of finished goods and raw materials from global contract manufacturers and suppliers
Key skills and competencies required
• Experienced Buyer-Planner within a similar environment
• Aftermarket experience
• Planning experience from a fast paced environment
• Aerospace experience
• Kanban experience is essential
• Degree qualified
• Quantum background is highly preferred
• Understanding of lean manufacturing tools