Procurement Manager – Outsourced Hard FM Services - Permanent
Salary: £55k to £65k plus package
To support the delivery of a prestigious government contract in a we are recruiting on behalf of a leader in facilities management and maintenance. The purpose of the position is to act as the procurement lead on all outsourced sub contract FM contracts. Picture this, there are 10 to 15 key suppliers in place and have been for a number of years. Work has been done but contracts are outdated, suppliers are becoming complacent and in most areas of spend the market has not been tested for a while. Contracts and suppliers in scope are all specialist FM maintenance and compliance related services.
You will be in a stand alone position but with the support of the wider function and the contract Directors. We will be looking for you to initially attack the short term and in year one put some structure, processes, measurement and in some cases new contracts and terms around the current supply base, achieving short term savings. This will lead on to longer term projects which will see you test the market in all areas of spend conducted along side vendor performance improvement. The current contract still has over a decade left to run putting you in a nice position in negotiating long term contracts.
The ideal candidate in this case will have prior experience of procuring and managing outsourced FM contracts on a large scale, multi site basis.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO EXTENSIVE DVA VETTING OVER TIME. For this reason we are only able to consider British passport holders without a criminal history.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analysis of procurement process and design of strategies to generate cost reduction improvements.
• Deliver effective procurement/tender processes from start to finish including capital expenditure equipment and service/maintenance agreements.
• Establish clear KPI's and SLA's, in line with business requirements, and manage supplier performance against these within a culture of continuous improvement.
• Building relationships and managing stakeholders and suppliers.
• Develop alternative cost-effective sourcing strategies to include innovative approaches on purchasing and sourcing of major group of materials, equipment and services to ensure an uninterrupted supply at optimum cost.
• Supplier contract negotiation, drafting and management of tendering processes- evaluating contracts, recommending suppliers and closing suppliers.
• Provide guidance and support with regards to compliance with P2P transaction processes, raise supplier and stakeholder awareness and understanding of each and describe the benefits.
• Ensure regular market testing and bench marking is performed to ensure the maintenance of market competitiveness, value for money and best practice.
• Creating and presenting reports and presentations.
The ideal Candidate:
• Previous experience within a procurement environment, preferably within Electrical, Engineering or Mechanical sector. Most of total spent will be focused on outsourced HARD FM .
• Demonstrable experience in the procurement of FM products and services, TCO/Maintenance buying- 1-2 years
• Hands-on, full cycle, procurement experience.
• Appropriate technical procurement skills covering Procurement Process Management, Supply Base Analysis, Supply Chain Analysis, Market Knowledge, Negotiation, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management and Risk Management.
• Being innovative and motivated in your approach to complete procurement activities and meet KPI's.
• Experienced negotiator, with excellent influencing skills and ability to think on feet and make decisions under pressure.
• Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship.
• Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law, good financial management and proven communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Experience in collecting and analysing data, identify cost reducing ideas.
• Prepared to travel throughout the Region and Nationwide.
This is an exciting opportunity by working alongside a company who provide endless possibilities for personal development and growth.
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Philip Bloomer at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260.