About the role:
The role will be part of an industry-leading mechanical engineering team that can create the intelligent client Thames Water needs to be able to achieve its AMP7 ambitions and beyond.
Focusing on the Mechanical Engineering discipline the role will provide the expertise needed to:
- Get the right technical requirements with the project definition briefs
- Input and continuously improve technical asset standards
- Provide design sign-off to Capital Delivery as the delivery stream dictates
- Provide technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning and hand over of assets
- Drive the digital advancement of our engineering within the corporate digital strategy
- Ensure and deliver the engineering regulatory compliance on relevant assets in the mechanical engineering area
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Play a key role in mechanical engineering for Thames Water
- Provide the technical input into project definition briefs
- Provide civil input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and preliminary designs
- Provide the technical sign-off and assurance during technical delivery including handover
- Ensure we are compliant with engineering-based regulatory requirements in their area
- Support the establishment of a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for engineering
- Support the establishment of a cohesive, sustainable engineering structure from graduate to industry experts that leads Thames Water’s engineering requirements into AMP8 and beyond
What’s in it for you:
- Be a recognised senior engineer in mechanical engineering with extensive experience including several years in the water industry
- Experience working in one or more of the following: Pumps/pipe systems, sludge, gas/CHP systems, water/wastewater treatment process equipment
- Understanding of the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our engineering regulatory requirements
- Good communication skills both internally and externally
- Have the ability to collaborate with and ability to influence colleagues
- Budget management experience
- A passion for continuous professional development and active approach to driving diversity within engineering at Thames Water
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the newly established Engineering Team, who are responsible for providing technical expertise to the business. You will be able to help shape the new engineering function and to design solutions for implementation as part of a wide portfolio of projects.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.