£35000 per annum
Pertemps currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for a number of experienced Production Engineers to join our client; internationally recognised and based on the Isle of Wight. They are an established leader within the manufacturing industry and due to an increase in workload are now looking to further expand.
We are looking for somebody with at least three years' experience within Engineering alongside a relevant HNC or ONC within a similar field. Both knowledge of LEAN principles and Six Sigma (minimum green belt) as well as experience within quality and improvement would be a distinct advantage.
As the company is continually growing your main responsibility will be to increase the productivity and reduce the costs by streamlining processes as part of the production team. Needless to say we are looking for somebody with a fantastic eye for detail, who has the ability to multitask and work both on their own and within a team.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To identify steady and reusable processes, supported by relevant documentation (risk assessments, technical reports etc.)
- To contribute towards the improvement and enhancement of the existing implemented production processes, including production output, cost reduction and safety improvements.
- Ensure that the production process is both documented, and translated where needed.
- Liaise with the quality department to identify any issues, and to arrange and prioritise improvement projects accordingly.
- To be aware of, and to maintain health & safety standards at all times, as well as holding responsibility for the onsite tools and equipment.
- Provide support to the factory floor when necessary
These positions will be permanent; based on working Monday to Friday circa 08.00am- 16.30pm however flexibility is given for commuters but also required should there be overtime needed. The salary advertised is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
If you would like further information on the above role or wish to discuss how a commute may affect you from living along the South Coast then please call 02392 009981 or email email@example.com