Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic. At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you’ll be doing
As a Warehouse Operative you will be part of the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team and will be required to provide safe custody and real time visibility of our stock holdings. You will ensure a first class professional delivery and collection service across all Thames Water & Alliance locations of critical stock and equipment in order to support the operational teams when facing customer and operational incidences. You will be based at the Kidlington Hub and will be required to support all Distributions Hubs in the wider area when needed, with occasional travel to other sites.
We’re looking for you to
- 45 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- On-call: 1 week in every 6 weeks – On-call enhancement, call out charge and overtime paid
- Safely and securely loading and unloading of vehicles
- Using SAP to ensure that inventory levels reflect real-time holdings
- Managing daily receipts from Distribution Centres
- Actioning returns against works orders
- Updating stock records accordingly
- Maintaining good housekeeping throughout the site and stores
- Ensuring equipment and critical stock are delivered and collected on time
- Operate mechanical handling equipment in a safe manner
- Safe custody of Thames Water stock and equipment
What’s in it for you
- Have warehouse and RF scanner experience
- Hold a full UK driving Licence and own transport
- Hold a Counterbalance, Reach or Telehandler Fork Lift licence
- Have experience of SAP or a similar system
- Be numerate and Literate
- Be comfortable with manual handling, lifting up to 25Kgs
Our Warehouse & Supply centres are a fun, fast paced environment where no two days will be the same. You will be working with like-minded people who really want to make a difference to our customers. We are committed to giving you great training and will make sure you are confident in helping customers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we’re moving to a hybrid approach where we’ll provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water