Due to ongoing growth, four Project Manufacturing Engineers are required to join the existing team at a leading manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. The successful candidates will own and coordinate manufacturing deliverables within all stages of the Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) for new product platforms, customised products and continuous improvement projects to achieve designed for manufacturing products with safe, sustainable, LEAN and cost-efficient production processes.
- Based in Clevedon, BS21
- £40,000-£47,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme - up to 7.5% of annual salary
- Subsidised canteen on site
- Ample free parking and bike storage
- Flexibility on working hours, variable start and finish times, some scope for working from home
Excellent employee benefits program, including
- Cash health plan
- Pension with a company contribution of up to 8%
- Life Assurance of 4 x basic salary
- Employee Referral scheme
- Training, Learning and Development throughout
- Wellbeing Program supporting physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectiveness and sense of purpose.
- Free access to a leading Fitness App, with streamable classes
- Discounted membership with some national gyms
About the job
- Determine PCP project budget requirements for manufacturing and provide financial accountability for manufacturing expenses
- Complete risk assessments with key stakeholders to keep a safe and effective work environment
- Work with the PME lead to create and improve ME systems and process documentation. Knowledge of Business Management Systems to facilitate day to day work.
- Participating in project team meetings and presenting manufacturing projects status to site management team
- Utilisation of project management methodologies and techniques to successfully manage the manufacturing implementation of PCP projects during ALPHA, BETA, Pre-Production and Release phases
- Coordinate the development and modification of the manufacturing processes for new systems and platforms
- Assessment of Design for Manufacture (DFM) of all new assemblies created through PCP projects providing guidance to engineering to collaboratively develop designs in-line with current factory/cell capabilities and strategies
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) assessments for all new manufactured assemblies from PCP projects
- Coordinate and manage layout modifications of the manufacturing system to assist new manufactured assemblies from PCP projects
- Creation of associated supporting documentation (process/procedure)
The right candidate
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline 3 years of relavant experience (essential)
- Proven track record of delivering projects (essential)
- Significant experience in a Manufacturing and Engineering environment
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in participating continuous improvement projects including principles such as TPM, SMED, 5S, 8D problem solving, Kaizen, VSM and change management (essential
- Experience of introducing new products to the manufacturing process
- Experienced in leading NPI initial build activities and training (essential).
To find out more, please apply online or call Pertemps Bristol Technical and speak with James Guyatt or Charlie Radford.