TRANSFORMATION PROJECT MANAGER
To provide project management services into the Water Upper Quartile Infra programme: more specifically, the Work & Workforce Management Work Stream. To lead the implementation within the Business of projects and continuous improvement activities. To be accountable for project planning, project delivery and reporting activities. To build strong links with business teams, ensuring best practice is developed, shared, implemented and recorded. Be directly accountable for delivery of assigned projects through the appropriate project life cycle
• Be directly responsible / accountable for delivery of assigned projects and work-streams through the pre-defined project life cycle in line with PMO standards, ensuring key activities are planned and lessons learned captured
• Actively engage with the dedicated Project sponsors and effectively manage other stakeholders across the business during the course of a project, communicating effectively on project deliverables to ensure that the project is successfully delivered, implemented and benefits realised.
• Advise Project Boards, resolve issues and recommend corrective action as appropriate so that projects are sustained and implemented, working within the agreed decision making process/project governance arrangements - reporting progress, risk and issues to programme leadership and senior stakeholders to the defined standard.
• Manage the work and priorities of the Project Team throughout the project lifecycle, defining appropriate activities to ensure that the project delivers to quality, time and cost criteria.
• Ensure that project and change benefits are correctly identified and monitored and a framework is in place to drive and deliver sustainable change.
• Assimilate information relevant to the change activity, analyse and then apply it to the project delivery as appropriate.
• To present to, communicate with and engage and challenge stakeholders at all levels in an appropriate and constructive way - adjusting the message accordingly to fit the audience.
• Travel and work at various sites / locations across the company Region, attending local Comm Cells where required and supporting local teams in implementing change programmes, including being flexible with working hours.
• Experience of leading business change projects utilising knowledge of the project life cycle with proven track record of delivering sustainable change and associated benefits.
• Have extensive experience in presenting to, communicating with, engaging with and challenging stakeholders at all levels in an appropriate and constructive way- adjusting the message accordingly to fit the audience.
• Experience of benefit identification, definition and delivery planning
• Experience of coaching, training and giving feedback at all levels
• Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and compelling way that resonates with business stakeholders
• Business awareness and understanding of the water industry and/or related industries
• Ability to communicate complex subjects at different levels
• Maturity to give and seek feedback and show willingness to adapt and improve
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Excellent critical and creative thinking
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
• GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
• Driving Licence and/or the ability to get to various sites across the STW region during non-standard hours.
• Degree in a related discipline or equivalent
• Project Management or SixSigma training/ accreditation and/or relevant experience