Job Purpose: To support the Executive Director of ODPM (Organisational Development and People Management) to achieve the Team(s)'s organisational objectives as set out in the OD and People Management Strategy and Directorate Delivery Plans (DDPs) for NRW by acting as the HR lead on a range of different projects and responsibilities.
To work with the Executive Director (s) and their senior management Team(s)s to ensure the ODPM Strategy and Plans are implemented in the Directorate(s) and the senior management Team(s) are supported and provided with expert HR guidance to achieve the Directorate's goals and plans.
To be senior expert qualified HR professionals.
To act as a self-managed Team(s) of HR Business Partners, providing mutual support and sharing best practice.
• Lead and contribute to people issues and wider management ‘business as usual' activities through Directorate Leadership Team(s
• Identify areas for improvement, for example People Policies, HR systems, procedures and practices, as well as listening to Leaders and Managers and contribute to the overall direction of NRW's future positive employee relations.
• Ensure that complex management decisions are made with full regard to employment law, Policy, HR implications and CorporateDirectorate Delivery Plans. To provide expert HR advice in the absence of formal published policies or plans, within the national and European legal frameworks.
• Deliver transformational change programmes through effective change management practices.
• Develop succession plans and talent management with the respective Leadership Team(s) and to advise on expert best practice regarding workforce planning.
• Support the effective delivery of a high performing HR service, through the further development of the HR Business Advisors, ensuring that the high standards within the Team(s) are delivered
This is a 12 month contract role paying £19 p/h, based in Bangor