Pertemps are recruiting for a Labourer for one of the largest Utility companies.
Labourer - Role objective:
To support and assist in Repair & Maintenance up to 400mm pipework including main laying and service laying. The role is based in the Derby area and will require regular travel throughout the UK including nights away.
Labourer - Key Accountabilities:
The key duties of the role are:
- Operate and maintain the highest health & safety and quality standards in accordance with all Company policy and procedures.
- To support and assist the ‘Ganger' to ensure effective team work as a two man team.
- To support the installation / repair and maintenance water pipes and associated fittings as per Work Order instruction / job pack meeting relevant quality and productivity standards
- To co-operate on matters of health and safety and to observe all health and safety rules and working practices.
- Adhere to NRSWA Regulations and Traffic Management Act
- Assist in maintaining a tidy vehicle both internally and externally and report any faults to relevant line manager
- To promote and uphold the company's Courteous Driving Policy
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained, used correctly and all relevant paperwork is completed daily
- Exercise judgments on materials used to ensure the appropriate and safe repair is balanced with the requirement to maximize cost effectiveness. Provide full feedback on work undertaken to Head Office daily.
- Provide high level of customer service to maintain customer expectations of quality service provision.
- Participate in '24 hour reactive standby rota' to assist company in maintaining service provision to its customers
Willing & able to do overnight stays
Willing & able to travel within Region
Willing & able to travel outside of Region
Willing & able to flex work type/ schedules at short notice Labourer - Experience:
Labourer – Education and Training:
- Water Meter Installations
- Leakage Detection
- Manhole/Chamber/Lid Installations
- Drilling & Tapping
- Electro Fusion
- Butt Fusion
- Main Laying
- Service Laying
- Reinstatement in Soft Ground
- Reinstatement in Highway/Hard Ground
- Repair & Maintenance up to 400mm
- Qualified to tow a trailer
- Abrasive Wheels
- EUSR Blue Hygiene Card
- Manual Handling
- Confined Spaces
• Abrasive Wheels
• EUSR Blue Hygiene Card
• Manual Handling
• Confined Spaces Labourer – Additional Information Pay rate:
£10.52 ph Location:
Maidstone, Kent Duration:
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!