We are currently recruiting a Lead Evaluation Technician (Water) for one of the largest Utility companies in the West Midlands.
We have 4 position and locations are Derby , Longbridge and Finham
Lead Evaluation Technician - Role Objective:
Reporting to the programme manager, and working alongside the Asset Protection Technicians, the role holder will be responsible for undertaking the assessment of new housing/commercial development requests for new water mains connections, identifying if any network reinforcement/replacements are required, and identifying requirements for mains diversions if required for new development or highway infrastructure improvements.
Lead Evaluation Technician - Accountabilities:
Lead Evaluation Technician - Experience:
- Undertake assessment of new housing/commercial developments for new connections, water supplies, utilising synerGEE modelling software, identifying if any mains reinforcements/replacements are required, and if mains diversions are required due to new developments.
- Identify where no solution is identifiable and recommend that PDR (preliminary design report) will need to be undertaken.
- Liaise with consultants undertaking PDR's and developers regarding exact requirements (water demand figures)
- Undertake network impact assessments on proposed new highway improvements and on new developments to gauge whether diversions are required or not.
- Stopping-up queries from developer services, whereby highway authorities submit details of planned highway works to see if works will affect STW water network.
- Customer queries regarding asset protection, impact due to housing extensions/access road/drop kerbs to properties.
- Keep a thorough daily record of all activities in a work tracker for new connections, offsite reinforcements and diversions.
- Peer review assessments performed by other Evaluation Technicians
- Consider workload performed by those in the role.
- Experience of Water Networks operation
- Experience in handling large amounts of data
- Experience in working on different projects at the same time
- Experience in articulating complex arguments verbally and in written word
- IT proficient. (Microsoft/GISST)
- Experience of hydraulic modelling (SynerGEE)
- Experience of working closely with customers to enhance our reputation.
- Experience of working to standards, codes and practices
- Experience of working to deadlines under pressure to continuously meet internal and external SLA Targets
- Experience of Managing risk
Engineering background HNC,BTEC in engineering subject would be advantageous
5 GCSE's including English and Maths at grade A-C, GNVQ or equivalent
Full UK driving license Lead Evaluation Technician - Further information:
The role to start as soon as possible until 26th April 2019
The pay rate is £14.65 p/h Locations -
Spondon - Derby , Longbridge and Finham
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY TODAY!!