Cyber and Information Security Analyst
We are looking for a Cyber and Information Security Analyst to develop, plan and implement security measures to protect computer systems, networks and information assets of a leading payroll and HR systems company in Sheffield.
Day-to-day you will;
- Assist in Security Incident investigation with forensic and response activities
- Maintain awareness of emerging security threats, trends and issues, understanding how they impact our Cyber risk profile, preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching technologies that will effectively protect the network and Infrastructure.
- Ensure that threats and vulnerabilities are managed appropriately and remediation is carried out according to agreed timescales.
- Provide subject matter expertise as required for key projects, functions and services
- Creating, testing and implementing response and recovery plans in support of threat modelling.
- Perform technical risk assessments of new and existing processing systems, identifying potential weaknesses and recommending suitable protection measures.
- Support configuration and operation of firewalls, encryption, and other security measures
- Support the delivery of an affective Security Testing Schedule
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
The Cyber and Information Security Analyst will support delivery of managed cyber security services in all areas of Security Operations, as well as manage the Testing framework for key Applications and Infrastructure
Cyber and Information Security Analyst skills and experience:
- Fully qualified in relevant Cyber Security or Technology discipline; or the equivalent combination of education (degree level); professional training or work experience in a similar role
- Experience of researching/evaluating emerging cyber security threats and understanding the methods needed to manage them
- Extensive cyber-security knowledge across multiple practices, including Threat Management, Security Operations, and Testing
- Understanding of the impact of GDPR
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, and team working
- Be accountable, taking ownership of issues, and being pro-active in resolution
- Be creative, always considering the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing, balance that against the risk of varying likelihood and severity of risk.
This is an initial 3 month contract with the likelihood of a further 1 month extension.
If this looks like your next career opportunity then please use the apply button above to send over your CV, or contact Clare O'Brien at Pertemps Managed Solutions on 0118 207 0830 for further information.