Mars are one of the leading global manufacturers and we have a deep passion for sharing amazing experiences with our customers by crafting some of the most beloved products on the market. Throughout our history we have employed cutting edge science and technology to develop the most unique and demanded goods and as part of some of our upcoming work in the space of pet care we are looking for a Research Scientist to support some projects we are undertaking.
As a Research Scientist you will work with a small team that are looking to model animal behaviour and develop machine learning models to develop a better understanding of animals so that we can make products that will enrich pets health and lives in the same way they enrich ours.
What are we looking for?
What will you be doing?
- University degree in a STEM discipline or comparable experience
- Experience working on research projects with proven ability to gather data and information
- Strong Python Development experience
- Excellent levels of self-motivation with the ability to work well without supervision
- A skilled communicator with the ability to express a variety of concepts and ideas to audiences of different levels of understanding
As a Research Scientist your key responsibilities will be:
What is on offer?
- You will analyse and code animal behaviours using an ethogram and tag this data
- You will collate, record and log the data in the appropriate registers
- Utilise Python and work with the wider team to develop effective machine learning algorithms for predictive modelling for the future
- Identifying opportunities to improve the processes and models used as part of the project
This is a 6 month contract that will pay a competitive rate with an excellent opportunity to learn and further your python development and research skills. For this post you can expect to work 2 – 3 days remotely. This is a full time opportunity but we are proud to offer flexibility on your working hours.
If you would like to be considered for this position please send in your details and we will be in touch with you following a review.