In-house Lawyer (Data Protection Lawyer – Compliance) – 2 – 4 years PQE – Surrey - Robust, innovative and highly successful UK company is now looking to expand their team with a talented Data Protection Lawyer. Call us now on 020 7183 8586.
JOB TITLE: In-house Lawyer (Data Protection Lawyer – Compliance)
PQE REQUIRED: 2 -4 years
LOCATION: Surrey (Commutable from: London, Kent, Sussex)
SALARY: £ On application
THE ROLE: Reporting directly to the Data Protection Manager, the primary purpose of the role is to advise on all aspects of data protection law and assist with other compliance related matters and initiatives. As part of an in-house legal team, the Data Protection Lawyer will also be expected to provide general legal advice to the business on an ad-hoc basis.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supporting the Data Protection Manager with the day to day management and oversight of the GDPR compliance programme.
• Responsibility for providing data privacy and general compliance advice and support to the business as the GDPR Privacy Team member for Group Legal.
• Providing strategic / legal support to other GDPR Privacy Team members (non-legal) and Data Protection Champions.
• Maintenance of the Data Asset Register and other records maintained by the GDPR Privacy Team.
• Management of the Retention Policy and Privacy Notices.
• Leading / supporting other GDPR Privacy Team members in the investigation and management of data protection incidents.
• Leading / supporting other GDPR Privacy Team members in handling data subject requests.
THE CANDIDATE: The successful Data Protection Lawyer will be commercially focussed, highly organised and pragmatic with 2 – 4 years PQE in data protection law, or will have significant experience undertaking data protection matters as part of a general commercial / IT team. This is a very busy area with competing demands upon your time so exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills are a must. Candidates must have demonstrable knowledge of the GDPR, DPA 2018, PECR.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like further information or would be interested to apply for this vacancy please contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email Pasquale.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/237102
eNL is handling a number of in-house vacancies throughout the London and South East region. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to http://www.enllegal.co.uk/candidate-registration.php to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Solicitor's that may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).