Location: Leatherhead, Surrey, United Kingdom
Our Technical Architects typically work in teams alongside, designers and testers against client requirements using industry standards to implement some of Europe's most exciting IT projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As an Earth Observation Technical Architect you would be required to work in a key role in supporting and growing the Earth Observation (EO) business, which includes designing and developing solutions as part of both business development and project delivery. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the requirements definition, system design & development and integration efforts for our client's projects. Our clients include European Space Agency (ESA), ECMWF and EUMETSAT. You must be able to work to high standards of quality, and to agreed timescales independently or as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Requirements analysis and Requirements definition
• Being a proactive member of the design team, propose or analyse a high level technical solution to comply with the requirements
• Working on the detailed design of the proposed solution that includes definition of interfaces, technology stack and documentation
• Rapid prototyping including evaluation of Open Source Software (OSS) components and COTS
• Providing guidance to the development and testing teams with hands on involvement when required
• Raising observation reports for bugs/anomalies in the system requirements and the system being tested.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors or higher degree in remote sensing or Information technology or Computer science or any relevant discipline
• At least 3 years software development experience using programming languages like Java, Python, C# etc.
• At least 3 years of experience in working with Linux systems
• Experience in a responsible software design role and working across the design,
development and testing lifecycle
• Experience of using open source technologies and tools
• Experience in working with EO data exploitation tools, whether commercial or open-source,
for example ESRI, GDAL, QGIS, Sentinel Toolboxes or relevant tools
• Know-how of EO data processing, from receipt of source data to delivery of final product or
This role includes the opportunity for some occasional international travel to client sites, especially within Europe. Our roles require Security Clearance to SC Level, so you must have lived and worked in the EU for the past 5 years, and be willing to obtain this level of clearance if you do not already have it.