£30000 - £35000 per annum
Graduate/Junior Software Engineer - Java
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
• Design, implement and unit test critical software solutions for components of our clients product
• Drive, and influence architectural and design decisions within the team and in the wider, distributed engineering organization
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver product functionality that meets customer needs
• Work closely with other members of the engineering organisation on design iterations, code reviews, security, performance, testability, and inter-operability.
• Work closely with Technical Support to resolve customer issues. Investigate, analyse, and fix identified defects.
• Debug complex problems reported by customers and resolve them with appropriate release vehicles
• Plan work by making accurate estimates and task breakdowns. Meet regular deadlines in an iterative process
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred.
• Object oriented analysis and design using Java/J2EE technology
• Server side Java technologies including JMS, EJB, JDBC, Servlets, multi-threading
• Relational Database skills including SQL constructs, transactions, locking, stored procedures
• WebService technologies including protocols like SOAP / JSON
• Knowledge of J2EE Design Patterns and frameworks like Spring / Struts
• Must be able to multi-task and adjust quickly to shifting priorities
• Experience on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms