Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
This is a broad and exciting Senior Financial Accountant role, in which you will gain exposure to our wider business and on all elements of treasury.
This role will give the right person an exciting challenge and scope to help shape the direction of our Treasury team.
We’re looking for you to:
To be responsible for preparation of IFRS financial statements and support half-year and year-end process including preparation of IFRS notes/disclosures for standalone and consolidated financial statements
What skills are we looking for?
- Support Group Treasury Budget and Forecast processes and be responsible for production of monthly Treasury reporting pack
- Responsible for preparation of IFRS financial statements
- Support half-year and year end process including preparation of IFRS notes/disclosures for stand alone and consolidated financials statements
- Support investor reporting
- Responsible for timely and accurate treasury accounting
- Update/document Treasury accounting and reporting processes, as well as identify process gaps and improve reporting processes
- Support for internal and external audit
- Deliver/support treasury projects
- Work closely with Group Financial Accounting team to ensure that all Treasury data is correctly produced and presented
- Work as ‘one team’ with the other finance functions
What’s in it for you?
- A qualified ACCA / ACA or part qualified ACCA / ACA with at least 5 years post qualification experience of accounting and reporting
- Excellent MS excel skills, familiar with SAP, HFM or similar systems
- Effective communicator and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Treasury Management System preferable
This role will suit someone who is looking to take their career to the next level by being part of the team responsible for one of the largest corporate debt programmes in the UK in support of our ambitious capital investment programme.
You will support managing Group debt obligations of over £13bn, annual group interest cost of about £500m and a derivatives book with a notional value of over £9bn.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. We are proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you will enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We are also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.