What’s in it for you?
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Join a well-established organisation in the heart of Edinburgh
- Great opportunity for you to develop new experience
- Join and improve an essential part of the Finance function
- This company offers a competitive benefits package along with a strong basic salary & flexible working hours
- If you’re a hardworking professional that enjoys a thriving, fast paced environment this will be a great step forward in your career
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Payroll function while also providing direction to your colleagues
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Experience tracking budget expenses
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to build relationships with team members
- Have experience collating relevant data from multiple sources
- Strong IT skills, particularly with Excel and relevant finance packages
Pertemps highly experienced Permanent Recruitment team specialise in identifying, sourcing and providing you with attractive and aspirational permanent job opportunities for your next career step.
We are engaged by many of the leading Private and Public Sector organisations across Scotland to secure the very best talent across a range of skill sets, professions and specialisms.
Our industry specific recruitment experts are delighted to be available to you to provide exclusive job opportunities, market advice, personalised insights and to inform and support you throughout your career journey, no matter what stage you may be at. We would love to hear from you.