What’s in it for you?
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Work for an internationally recognised awarding body with a global reputation for quality
- Great opportunity for you to develop new experience and manage a large payroll function
- Contribute to the overall development of financial systems, processes and procedures
- Join an integral part of the business in a company which helps people build skills, enhance credibility and are industry recognised
- Excellent work life balance with flexible working hours available
- Get your weekend off to a great start with early finishes every Friday
- Any successful applicant will have access to a market leading benefits package
- Free parking but also excellent links to public transport making the morning rush that little bit easier
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Payroll function while also providing direction to your colleagues
- Co-ordinate and manage the workflow of the function to ensure that processing, reporting and statutory deadlines are met
- Line manage, develop and motivate a team ensuring tasks are continually prioritised and reviewed to deliver a required range of services
- Resolve complex customer enquiries/complaints ensuring all are dealt with promptly and effectively
- Facilitate and review payroll activities weekly, monthly and annually
- Provide advice, guidance and support to all stakeholders in relation to relevant legislation
- Co-ordinate and approve user acceptance testing to ensure SAP projects are progressed on schedule and that all system needs are met
- Produce reports and statistical information as required to ensure user requirements are met
- Determine, in conjunction with line management, targets to be met and the implementation of action plans
- Participate, as required, in cross functional projects to provide advice/guidance ensuring that financial policies, procedures and systems are revised and updated accordingly
- Be able to understand and carry out complex numerical and or financial calculations and analyse data
- Line management experience
- Have a general understanding of accounting principles
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills including influencing and motivating others
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good IT skills, particularly with Excel and relevant finance packages
- Have experience of reporting/collation of relevant data from multiple sources
Pertemps highly experienced Permanent Recruitment team specialise in identifying, sourcing and providing you with attractive and aspirational permanent job opportunities for your next career step.
We are engaged by many of the leading Private and Public Sector organisations across Scotland to secure the very best talent across a range of skill sets, professions and specialisms.
Our industry specific recruitment experts are delighted to be available to you to provide exclusive job opportunities, market advice, personalised insights and to inform and support you throughout your career journey, no matter what stage you may be at. We would love to hear from you.