Senior Commercial Sales Executive Reports To:
Edinburgh Branch Manager Location:
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pmHybrid Working:
The purpose of the role is to develop and grow the non-motor and commercial fleet business within the branch. The position involves managing the business development process from initial concept to implementation, as well as developing and executing strategies to drive new business growth but equally partaking in day-to-day broking activities within the branch and be a referral point for the trainees. We are looking for a candidate who has good judgement, is analytical, pays great attention to detail, is flexible, initiative-taking, driven & who delivers excellent customer service whilst always adhering to their individual underwriting authority limits and in accordance with the procedure manual. Key Responsibilities
Product and Technical Knowledge
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions to the company and reduce costs.
- Delivering good outcomes for customers and putting the customer’s interests first.
- Ensure the customer understands what we sell and support the customer in any way you can. Develop and implement strategies to generate new business opportunities and increase Renewal Retention.
- Identify potential business partners and cultivate relationships to drive new business growth with the full spectrum of our account facilities.
- Analyse customer data to identify trends and develop strategies to increase sales and retention. Negotiate terms and conditions of business contracts with potential partners.
- To monitor branch growth and performance and deliver relevant feedback.
- Monitor market trends and competitors’ activities to identify potential business opportunities. Consult with internal departments to ensure seamless customer service for commercial policy holders.
- Prepare reports and presentations to present to senior management.
- Remain up to date with developments in the commercial insurance sector.
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client’s demands and needs.
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier’s risk appetite and guidelines or consult with insurers for all nondelegated authority business.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
Skills and Competencies
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts.
- Required to understand technical knowledge of the our clients product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
- Excellent communication skills, including effective communication with clients and insurers, including clear explanation of complex insurance terms and conditions.
- An understanding of the UK insurance market, including trends, risks and regulatory changes.
- The ability to understand diverse client needs, including specific industry risks and business objectives.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent timekeeping and presentation of self & work.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Articulate & Numerate.
- Analytical and ability to solve problems, including the capacity to solve complex insurance related challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and deliver allocated tasks.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Positive can-do attitude and strong team ethic.
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Be positive, enthusiastic and motivational about what you do!
- Must have 3 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment.
- Cert CII qualification an advantage