Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
As the Data Analyst, you will provide management information, analysis, and commentary to enable the department and customers to make informed business decisions. This may include sourcing and maintaining data as a resource for future reference.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
We’re looking for you to:
- Design and deliver elements of technical solutions, as directed
- Design and maintain internal databases and future data products (e.g. weather database, flow database
- Collect and analyse data to support the needs of the team or department and manipulate as necessary (e.g. trend and performance analysis)
- Manage data requests
- Support and coach less experienced colleagues to contribute to the development of the team or client department
- Provide management reports and presentations, collecting and analysing complex technical data with expert commentary, advice, and recommendations, as appropriate
What’s in it for you?
- Be a strong communicator who can build positive relationships with stakeholders across the business at all levels
- Have a relevant business/technical experience and an appreciation of technology innovations and engineering techniques
- Be a team player who takes accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Be highly numerate with advanced knowledge of excel and strong analytics
- Be competent or have a good understanding of Python or R. Additional knowledge of GO, Julia or Java is ideal
- Understand SQL databases, Azure products, Databricks, Git and/or PowerBI
- Deliver exceptional customer service through an enthusiastic and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
Using data analytics and data mining, you will be improving efficiency, developing business insight, and driving good investment decisions. You will be working with like-minded people who really want to make a difference to our customers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.