A leading laboratory working with a major global manufacturing group are looking for a Chemist to co-ordinate their methods development, routine analysis of test sampling & environmental monitoring for their UKAS accredited Chemistry Laboratory in Herefordshire.
Reporting in to the Lab Manager – you’ll be a senior presence in this lab
The key requirements of this role is managing Analytical Quality Control (AQC)
Working knowledge of various Spectrometry equipment
Proven track record of standardising & being the technical knowledge based for the lab and its equipment
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum + pension + benefits
The key responsibilities for the Chemist will be:-
- Technical lead for ICP-OES, GD-MS, XRF, Spark OES & other analytical techniques
- Technical lead for testing (process & environmental)
- Method development
- Work with the analysis co-ordinator to ensure safety, quality & efficiency
- General maintenance & good housekeeping of the Laboratory facility
- Working with internal stakeholders and the production team on progress reporting
- Oversee the installation & commissioning of new equipment
The skills & requirement for the Chemist will be:-
- Degree qualified (min. 2:1) in Chemistry or a relevant scientific subjects e.g. Forensics, Material Science, Environmental Science
- Previous experience of working in a Laboratory is essential (as an inorganic chemist ideally)
- Extensive knowledge of Spectrometry equipment
- Instrumentation & Wet Chemistry experience
- Method development experience
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office
The right candidate for the Chemist role is an organised, health & safety conscious individual who has strong verbal skills.
In return, this role provides a great opportunity in a manufacturing environment with a globally backed multi-million pound business.Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.