Job Title – Safety Health and Environment Advisor (Projects)Salary - £37,000 – £43,000 per annum + benefit packageLocation – Burton Upon Trent
Exclusively representing a leading food manufacturing company to source a SHE Advisor to take charge and support a variety of projects across a large and complex manufacturing facility local to Burton upon Trent .
Seeking a hands on and people centric professional to provide safety, health and environmental project support alongside an experienced SHE Manager (also based on site). This position is perfect for a strong coordinator, officer or advisor who is very driven in their career who is able to hit the ground running for this 24/7 site.
This particular company can offer exposure to a variety interesting projects, chance to take accountability of certain areas of the business and enable you to put your own stamp on the site. Offering professional support, guidance and mentorship from likeminded peers and a network of more experienced HSE practitioners across the group to ensure professional growth and further personal progression within the wider organisation. Main responsibilities:
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Support the SHE Manager on site, collaborate with the SHE team and have full accountability for SHE based projects across a complex site which has a lot of ongoing investment
- Functional responsibility for SHE performance onsite during construction, driving compliance with relevant legislation and company standards, and SHE risks management.
- Develop projects SHE Management Plan in alignment with the project roadmap and communicate to project management and contractors.
- Ensure implementation of site risk management procedures. Ensure that specific safe working practices are in place with a focus on high frequency risks and high hazard tasks
- Ensure compliance with the CDM regulations working and advising the Principal Designer and the Principal Contractor.
- Ensure the project sites have secure and safe access & exit routes, in addition to the correct signages with relevant risks.
- Ensure high standards of health & hygiene conditions for workers, with appropriate emergency medical response.
- Ensure training, coaching and trusted guidance & support on SHE is provided to workers, contractors to develop their knowledge of risk management, legislation, and duties.
- Co-ordinate internal & external resources to deliver high quality and efficient SHE supports, eg exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, training.
- Representing the SHE Function & local point of contact for all contractor management enquiries.
- Undertake Manual handling assessment, as well as machinery risk assessments, ensuring full compliance to Zero access & modes of intervention upon installation.
- Promoting SHE values and creating ownership & engagement at all levels from site management through all contractors and sub-contractors.
- Focus on CI principles, lean and TPM processes.
Ideal personality traits:
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Experienced in the SHE field and can work independently
- Hand on in their approach to HSE
- Fast paced logistics or general manufacturing experience but ideally from a Food or Beverage
- Self-motivated, confident person
- Hands on
- Able to collaborate, influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration email@example.com // 0121 454 5000. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.