Location: South of England
Job Type: Permanent
Grade / Description: Consultant, Liaison Services
Hours: 5 PAs
Salary: As per NHS Consultant Bandings – Dependent on experience.
Applications Close: ASAP
Pertemps Medical are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for a Consultant in Old Age to work in an extremely sought after South of England location offering fantastic lifestyle opportunities with areas of outstanding natural beauty including picturesque coastlines.
The successful applicant will be the professional lead for doctors within the team as well as a member of the local Acute Care Forum and locality Joint Medical Staffing Committee. The post holder will be expected to take a lead and work with managers on developing and improving services.
- To provide specialist medical and psychiatric assessment, treatment and aftercare services to people aged 16 and above referred to the liaison services from A&E or to people aged 16 to 64 referred from the inpatient wards.
- To provide specialist medical advice and consultation to a range of health and social care staff as appropriate to promote effective delivery of person centred mental health care
- To liaise closely with other medical, clinical and managerial staff in the Acute Trust, Acute Mental Health Services, Access, Recovery and Substance Misuse to provide high quality care pathways for service users. This includes Older Persons Liaison Team and Dementia Crisis Teams
- To work with other Psychiatrists and Psychologists working with the acute trust e.g. in GU medicine, cancer, diabetes.
- To provide Clinical Leadership and line management to medical staff reporting directly to the Consultant.
- To work closely with the Urgent Care Services Manager and other lead professionals to provide clinical leadership and ensure safe, supportive care within the liaison service.
- To participate in planning and developing local Mental Health Services and to contribute constructively to improving the standards of mental health care
- To develop care pathways throughout the acute hospital care pathway providing psychological support for patients with physical illness and contributing to training programmes
To be considered for this role or for more information regarding this or similar posts, please call Gemma Wright on 01908 533 240 or upload your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.