Permanent - Near Bury st Edmunds - £24 to £27K - Monday to Friday - 7/8am start.
Our client is a leading logistics company. They are looking to provide innovative and cost effective logistics solutions. They are always looking to continue and develop the business with the staff who strive to exceed customers expectations.
Qualification and Minimum requirements for role
- Numerate and literate with good level of education GCSE standard or equivalent.
- ILM Level 3 in Leadership and management (or equivalent) or currently/willing to study for this.
- Experience in Warehouse Management systems.
- Warehouse operations experience.
- significant people management experience having previously worked at a supervisor level.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
Day to day Activities
- Work with the customers in order to understand their requirements and expectations, and acting as the senior member of staff on the shop floor.
• Understand our customers’ issues and help drive business improvements
• Assist the managers and other supervisors in their roles.
• To train, develop and motivate staff within framework of Job Descriptions, and competency and skills matrix.
• Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations.
• To ensure that all staff on site operate within all current legislation.
• Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Work with Contract Managers and/ or Supervisors to ensure H&S management best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously
• Ensure staff act and conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with H&S Guidelines
• Ensure site housekeeping is carried out regularly.
• Ensure MHE is checked daily before use.
• Support the team to ensure that stock records are kept accurate and up to date.
• Ensure operational activities (intake, put away, pick, pack, label, dispatch) are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
• Monitor and manage staff productivity and accuracy and take action as required
If you have the right skills and passion to grow please contact Teresa