Flexible Warehouse Team Members assemble the orders from the racks and ensure that the stores receive the right stock, completing the task and routines in a safe, efficient and accurate manner and according to the training provided. Duties include assembling store orders into roll cages for delivery, marshalling both empty and full cages, operating mechanical equipment, keeping work areas tidy and free from rubbish. Although assembly is the core activity, you also could be given training and upskilled to do other warehouse duties. The role involves repetitive and often heavy manual handling. All roles are time measured and your Arm Computer will tell you how many products, cages or pallets you need to achieve in that assignment in a given period of time.
Fixed hours are available on the following shifts: 0545-1345 / 1345-2145
Pay rates: £9.01 - £17.50 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on shift worked and overtime premiums.
What will I do ?
- I locate my arm computer, log on and follow the instructions.
- I locate my assigned truck and carry out the pre-operation safety checks.
- I locate a printer and scan the barcode, scan the labels it produces, proceed to the first location and begin assembling the store order (some Distribution Centres may use voice instructions).
- I scan the products outer barcode label and assemble the stock into the right cage safely and accurately according to instructions from the arm computer.
- Once the assignment is complete, I apply the store label to the top right hand corner of the cage.
- I take the cages to the delivery door loading bay identified on the arm computer.
- I request my next assignment and begin again.
- I escalate any issues or inconsistencies to my Manager
Excited by the chance to join an established, busy team working alongside a nationally recognised client? Then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for and we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, we’d like you to call to 07872 450688. We’ll then arrange an interview to meet up for face-to-face interview and assessment.