As one of the UK's fastest growing retail organisations and due to expansion my client is looking for a Data Analyst, to join their busy Business Intelligence department. This position will be based at their Head Office in Plymouth.
In return, the company offers excellent career opportunities and development. There is also free parking on site and they have a new head office being built.
The successful BI Developer will join an expanding Business Intelligence department and will be involved in the front-end development of reports. Using existing datasets, you will work closely with stakeholders to articulate requirements, create reports and provide analysis based on business priorities.
You will need to have a strong knowledge of Excel and PowerBI to be able to create and present data to members at all levels of the business.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Be an excel expert!
- Experience using; PowerBI, SQL, DAX, PowerPivot would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be analytical and commercially minded.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong prioritisation and timekeeping skills to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills whilst working on projects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities would be:
- To spec out and create reports based on business requirements and best practice.
- Understand the layout and content of Datasets to ensure reports are created using the most suitable data.
- To ensure reports are visually pleasing and easy to use.
- Keep reports up to date based on best practice.
- Provide users with an overview of the report upon release and after any further developments.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports and analysis when required.
- Present reports and data to senior members of the business.
This is a full-time, permanent position of 38.75 hours per week. A typical working week will consist Monday-Friday 8:45am - 05:30pm.
28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and pension scheme.
A store discount card is also offered on successful completion of your probationary period. Salary to be discussed on application.
If you are interested in the role and feel you fit the criteria required, please click apply now or call Natasha at the Pertemps Commercial branch to fast track your application!
This vacancy is being handled by Natasha Bond, Permanent Consultant at Pertemps, Plymouth. Natasha prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job every time.
Key words: Business Intelligence Manager, BI, Data Analyst, Management Information, Analyst, Margin Protection Department, Buying Departments, Logistics.