Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Junior Developers, to join a busy office of a very large and successful UK based retail chain.
As a result of their expansion plans, they are seeking Junior Developers, to offer support to their IT Development team and be a part of their continued ongoing success.
In return, the company offers excellent career opportunities and development. There is also parking on site and you will be working in their newly built head office.
As the Junior Developer, you will be creating and supporting a variety of solutions to deliver maximum business benefit and return on investment.
Construct and support ‘in-house' developed systems and platforms fit for purpose in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
Assist in delivering project components or change requests to agreed timescales, quality and scope.
Assist in the preparation and execution of user and system test plans.
• Supporting existing and future ‘in house' developments to ensure minimal disruption to availability and quality of service
• Gathering and documenting user requirements accurately
• Estimating effort and timescales for support fixes and project deliverables
• Responding to and delivering end user requests and issues
• Working as part of a team in order to deliver complex development projects
• Passionate about playing their part in development and support resulting in outputs fit for the end user, customers and the brand.
Skills & Attributes:
• Fast learner with a keen eye for detail
• Passionate about the user experience and, accurate and timely delivery of data and services
• Strong customer service approach to support and requirements gathering
• Understanding and working knowledge of web based processes and their application (preferably within a retail environment but not essential)
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the business and learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to troubleshoot logically in multiple programming languages and platforms
• Able to communicate and present to all levels of the business
• Ability to gather interpret project requirements
• Experience of documenting developments for post implementation support and training
This is a temporary role, initially for 12 months, with the potential to become permanent for the right person.
The perfect candidate for this role will hold a number of the following skills:
• ASP.NET framework with C#
• T-SQL (to an intermediate level)
• SQL database administrative skills
If you are interested in being part of this exciting opportunity, then please apply today!
This vacancy is being handled by Chelsea Walker, Recruitment Consultant at Pertemps Plymouth who is currently responsible for all Temporary Commercial Recruitment.
Chelsea has been working in the Recruitment industry for 5 years now and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job, every time.