The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all plant and machinery is maintained and operates to the highest level of efficiency and safety.
Skills & Competencies Required for the Mechanical Engineer:
- Experience working with a pharmaceutical manufacturing background
- Have worked in clean rooms
- Be mechanically Bias with very basic electrical understanding
- Have a lot of experience setting machinery/changing machines over as well as maintaining them.
- Have experience working on either blister machines or cartoner/cartoning machine.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for all mechanical engineering issues, fixes and ideals to improve. This role will require you to work with all departments which means great people skills are essential.Mechanical Engineer Role Responsibilities:
- Follow cGMP and relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is repaired promptly.
- Ensure that machine changes are carried out correctly and promptly.
- Advise of the most productive use of machinery.
- Assist in the investigation of complaints, both internally and externally and help in the prevention of recurrences.
- Complete all documentation as required by GMP, including filling in machine logs and maintaining a file of machine repairs and modifications.
- Assist in the preparation of quotations by providing relevant information and guidance.
- Assist with training and the preparation of training programmes when required.
- Ensuring that Planned Preventative Maintenance System is implemented and followed.
- Ensuring that the stock of authorised spares is maintained and advising on spares that are required.
- The monitoring control of all engineering sub-contractors.
15:00 - 23:00 Monday to Friday - one in seven 8 hour weekend engineering overtime
This is an excellent opportunity for you to play a pivotal role in the future success of the company, while earning a great annual salary and learning new products/machines.