Our client is globally renowned in the retail industry, with over 90 stores in the UK and stores in 16 countries worldwide, it is still growing!
This is a key role in the global finance department supporting the Retail team across their property portfolio and delivery of channel performance. Within the Commercial Finance team, this role owns store data, retail KPI reporting and is a key business partner supporting delivering of targets. As the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be working with and influencing the Commercial Director, Retail team Regional Managers and other key areas of the business. The role is ideal for a proactive, recently qualified accountant with retail experience who thrives in a fast paced and ever evolving environment.
• Support the production of three-year plans / budgets / forecasts and key retail reporting (Sales, margin, KPIs and costs, including payroll)
• Providing insight on variances and working with the business to drive performance to stay on target
• Support the Commercial Director in developing appropriate strategies for their respective areas and support the delivery of the overall business strategy including long range plans, annual plans and re-forecasts including
weekly 1:1’s to resolve financial issues
• Preparation and presentation of investment appraisals for board sign off and capex monitoring
• Present at monthly Area Manager meeting, providing leadership and providing strong challenge where needed
• Assist and support Retail and Ecommerce Finance Manager with other areas of commercial analysis depending on the priorities of the business
• Provide pro-active, insightful, high quality decision making support ensuring business wide implications are considered
• Month-end close and management accounts commentary on area performance
• Consult with the field team and agree quarterly retail sales and payroll targets, monitor actuals and influencing corrective action as and when required
• Support business partners by both understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
• Continually challenge current thinking / assumptions and use bench marking to drive best practice as well as original solutions
• Deliver retail analysis required by investors
• Property portfolio analysis and insight
• Own and develop Capex policy, spend and tracking
• Commercial drive, passion and commitment to delivering change through actions and influence
• 1-2 years PQE in retail, FMCG or multi-site property
• Recently from a commercial background but with previous experience of management accounts
• Strong data analysis skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
• Possess good oral communication, influencing and presentation skills
• A desire to develop others and able to support and manage a team
• Accuracy and quality of analysis
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.