The world of marketing has changed. You can lead the change or be a victim of change! How would you like to be part of an essential team within the finance department of a global sales, marketing and distribution company? Working with some of the world’s largest media organisations; this is a fantastic opportunity to be working for.
The role is part of a team responsible for ensuring the integrity of the group’s financial records, producing the monthly financial management accounts including performance analysis, and budgets and forecasts. In addition, this team will ensure that all reporting and payments to/from Publishers is timely and accurate.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Find solutions to complex issues, working in collaboration with colleagues, and take ownership of plans to drive these through to completion
• Produce monthly management accounts to a strict timetable and in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practice
• Prepare performance analysis and commentary versus budget/forecast as part of month end management accounts process
• Contribute to the finance board report presented at the monthly board meeting
• Ensure that proper records and reconciliations are maintained to support the company financial records (P&L and Balance Sheet)
• Ensure that the financial records properly reflect the key terms of all relevant commercial agreements
• Monitor business as usual financial processes and controls and drive continuous improvement to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
• Optimise data capture and usage from operational and financial systems, and non-systems sources to support accurate financial accounting, reporting and analysis
• Produce annual budget and forecasts for area(s) of responsibility, ensuring they are accurately reflected in financial reporting systems
• Ensure third party publisher statements are in line with financial records and operational systems reflect the latest commercial terms
• Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director on project and commercial initiatives
Your skills will include:
• Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
• Thorough understanding of accounting practices and discipline
• International exposure preferential
• Must demonstrate strong stakeholder management and business partnering skills
• Must be experienced with taking full ownership of P&L
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent Excel skills, experience with financial systems and an understanding of data flows
• Comfortable driving change across multiple functions and stakeholders
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.