The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! We are currently working with a London based hospitality business to find a Finance Manager to lead their dynamic and fast-moving finance team.
The role requires you to be a quick learner and open-minded about evolving finance and administration tasks to support the needs of the organisation.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts for the company and on behalf of clients
• Business partner the Commercial, Finance and Operations Directors on an on-going basis
• Analyse variances and establish key areas of risk or opportunity
• Partner senior leaders to review monthly reporting and work with them on future forecast and budgeting activities
• Responsible for the preparation and reporting of monthly head office accounts including variances
• Produce the annual forecast and budget
• Work extensively with profit and loss, balance sheet, accruals and prepayments, fixed assets and general ledger
• Prepare management accounts and present internally to directors and externally to clients
• Track the progress of the numbers against contract and KPI’s in place
• Prepare accruals (costs and income) and prepayments
• Maintain the fixed asset registers and log of approvals
• Prepare VAT returns for a number of European branches and the UK companies
• Monitor monthly profit and loss to ensure expense recognition and classification, asset depreciation, expensing of prepayments, and timing of recognition of income and expenditure is as per accounting standards
• Produce weekly, monthly and yearly cash flow forecasts and reports
• Manage day to day running of the accounts department - specifically sales, debtors, staff expenses and month-end analysis
• ACA/ACCA qualified with good hands on accounting knowledge
• 2-3 years of proven experience with interim and annual reporting according to IFRS
• Strong work ethic, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and take responsibility for your own work
• Strong problem-solving skills and good judgement
• Excel skills (Pivot tables, nested formulas, etc.) that make others envious
• Solid Analytical skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.