The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses! I have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading magazine publishers. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader.
The UK is continuing to build on its fabulous commercial successes and to support this continuous period of growth, our client is looking for a proactive, pragmatic Management Accountant to join their Finance team. Reporting to the Advertising Commercial Finance Manager, this role will allow you to collaborate with many of the great teams that they work with, and will also allow you to move into a more commercial environment where you can really make a difference with numbers.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Complete the month end close process for print & digital advertising revenues, digital affiliate revenues and associated cost of sales attributable to the listed revenue streams
• Prepare variance analysis and commentary on the above categories for presentation to CFM's post month end close
• Prepare post month end reporting for the CFO pack
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts associated with remit
• Work with AR and the business to ensure all inter-company and client billings are completed in a timely manner
• Liaise with internal & external partners to ensure accurate data received in order update internal forecasts
• Work with internal departments to collect and record statistical information
• Business finance/management accountancy experience
• Part qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA and/or qualified by experience considered
• Advanced Excel & modelling skills
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills
• Inquisitive mindset with a good business acumen
• Oracle experience beneficial but not essential
• Media industry experience beneficial but not essential
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.