The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses! We currently have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading magazine publishers as a Financial Controller. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the preparation of annual Statutory accounts, ensuring they are produced within the agreed timeframe and form the basis of an unqualified Auditors' report
• Day-to-day point of contact for external auditors
• Continuously update and assess the operational effectiveness of the company's financial systems
• Maintain local Controller's Manual with suitable polices covering all transaction flows and procedures within the Finance Department and across the Company
• Day-to-day point of contact for internal auditors
• Ensure compliance with all UK regulatory reporting requirements and with the Companies Act, all relevant Corporate Tax, PAYE, NI regulations and VAT law
• Keep abreast of changes to applicable law, regulation and accounting standards and ensure they are communicated within the finance department
• Maximise cash generation ensuring compliance with customer and supplier terms
• Liaise with department heads with significant capital requirements ensuring suitable Corporate governance on all major projects
• Oversee preparation of working capital forecast and budget
• Maintain costs contract database
• Ensure business transactions are monitored and are deemed legitimate expenses. When necessary liaise with departments and challenge transactions
• Responsible for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Statutory & Financial Accounting functions of circa 14 employees
• Actively manage and take responsibility for staff and provide staff with regular feedback on their performance including a formal annual performance review
• Be actively involved in recruitment within the finance department, ensure job descriptions and person specifications are reflective of each role responsibilities, support individual hiring managers to ensure the correct
choice of hire and ensure inductions are carried out in line with departmental frameworks
• Provide informal, on the job coaching and training and be a visible senior member of the finance department to employees at all levels
• To work closely with the Head of Planning & Reporting ensuring full communication and understanding across the different areas of the Finance team
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience working as a Financial Controller
• Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to communicate financial information to both financial and non-financially trained employees
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.