Wow! Now here's an opportunity! Want to work for one of the UK's PREMIER PRIVATE HIRE AND COURIER SERVICE's? Do you want to feel part of a family?
The Operational Finance function includes a number of teams including; Cash & Bank, Accounts Payable, Customer Invoicing, Driver Pay, Revenue Protection and Credit Control, a team of approximately 50 staff.
The Cash and Bank Transactions Manager reports to the Head of Finance Operations and is responsible for:
• The management of the bank accounts and cash-flows
• Payment processing and the allocation of payments and receipts to the customer and supplier accounts, including direct debit and card transactions
• Leading a team of 5 Finance Assistants – encouraging a collaborative environment and managing the team's performance
Management and development of the individuals within the Cash and Bank Transactions team will be a focus to ensure the team deliver a best in class service
• Lead and develop the Cash and Bank Transactions team including maximising performance and productivity, recruitment and service deliveries
• Monitor and manage the cash-flows across the various bank accounts, supporting forecasting
• Deliver an efficient payment processing service, ensuring payments are managed and controlled, and funds are in place to support the payment requests
• Deliver customer invoicing, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timely submission to customers in line with customer invoicing requirements
• Controls implementation and management, including payment processing, bank transaction posting, invoicing
• Designated reconciliations including bank accounts, control accounts, credit card, house accounts, journals
• Delivery of MI, supporting the management of tasks across the team
• Accurate and timely allocation of receipts to customer invoices
• Regular processing of credit card and debit card payment runs, ensuring controls completed and reconciliation and further processing of rejected items
• Lead the bank relationships, ensuring the mandate is up to date
• Own and manage the bank and payments software, ensuring controls are in place, both payments and user rights, risks are minimised and training is provided to users
• Control all payments, ensuring completeness and a full understanding and audit trail is maintained
• Ensure timely and accurate support for month end deadlines and dependencies across the teams
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong leader of people, commercial acumen with the experience operating proactively in finance
• Experience developing effective reporting, including MI, process measures, backlogs (Strong excel)
• Accounts Payable professional – technical AP experience
• Strong understanding of double entry and balance sheet reconciliations
• Good understanding of VAT treatments and expense coding
• Experience of developing the use of Purchase Orders and using relevant exception reports
• Strong experience of invoice and supplier workflows
• Experience managing all levels of stakeholder management and communication, internal and external
• A people manager – mentoring and developing people
• Solutions-minded - experience implementing process improvements
• Analytical and numerate
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.