This is an exciting opportunity to work with Plymouth City Council within their HR team. You would be based within a great modern office, located on the beautiful waterside with marina views, along with a subsidised refectory.
You would be an experienced HR Assistant, looking for your next opportunity. Your main role will be to assist in the provision of professional and timely HR advice. To give support to internal and external customers on all types of employee relations casework, along with policy, pay and reward issues.
This position will run initially until the end of March and will be based within the Plymouth area. The pay rate for this opportunity is negotiable, dependant on experience.
The following demonstrable skills/qualifications are desired:
- Undertaking course of study towards CIPD or relevant /recent experience within an HR environment.
- Demonstrable experience of providing HR advice and support in an HR&OD environment.
- Experience of interpretation of employment legislation and terms and conditions.
- Experience of using IT systems to collate and present statistical information.
- Experience of undertaking research.
- Experience of drafting documentation, including correspondence, reports and procedures.
- Good effective oral communication skills, to include negotiating, influencing, mediation and consultancy skills.
- Effective written communication skills; ability to produce case papers, reports, policy and procedure documentation of an appropriate professional standard.
- Planning, co-ordination and organisational skills to manage competing priorities and work pressures within own workload to meet deadlines and agreed outcomes.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachelle Addison, Specialist Consultant. Rachelle prides herself on working successfully with both applicants and her client in finding the right person for the right job every time. If you would like to speak to Rachelle directly, please call 01752 604700.
To apply for this exciting and opportunity, please click apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors. If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors on our website. Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!