Platform Engineer – Swindon – Linux, PL/SQL, Oracle - £33,000
Platform Engineer required by a dynamic and expanding Swindon based firm. As a Platform Engineer, you will play a key role in ensuring smooth running of the technical operations team and providing ongoing support in line with SLAs. As a Platform Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Analyse, Develop and Test issues raised by Operations, QA and Product Support Departments.
• Liaise with Development teams to ensure consistency in any code changes, providing extensive support with platform releases.
• Monitor ticket queries, providing timely updates and sharing feedback with key stakeholders.
• Improve Platform Operations including alerting, monitoring and processes.
• Supporting junior members of the team by providing training and general support.
To be considered for the Platform Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• Strong skills around SQL/PL-SQL.
• Strong understanding around Linux and Linux Scripting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confident in dealing with stakeholders.
• Strong experience of working within a support environment.
• Willingness to challenge technical problems and proactively suggest solutions.
Based in their fantastic Swindon offices, this company offer a competitive salary of up to £33,000 per annum + a wide variety of benefits including, but not limited to:
• 5% Annual Bonus (Based on Personal & Company Objectives)
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Buy & Sell up to 5 days holiday per year
• Personal Pension Scheme (6% Employer Contribution)
• Income Protection
• Subsidised Gym Membership (£20 contribution per month towards a gym membership)
• Life Assurance
• Monthly social events
If you're a skilled Platform Engineer looking to start a new challenge with a successful and growing organisation then get in touch TODAY!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.